We call this training “300-Hour Yoga Teacher Transformation” for good reason
It describes how our students experience life during this training and find themselves able to think and act beyond their existing views of yoga.
Our hope is that you transcend your current yoga practice and teaching skills and begin to view yourself as a Yoga Leader. Someone who is out to make a positive impact on their family, workplace and community.
If you have received your 200-hour certification through Yoga Assets or another Yoga Alliance-compliant school, our course will prepare you to take your existing knowledge and skills to the next level. Upon completion, you will qualify for the 500-hour RYT designation with Yoga Alliance.
A World Beyond Asana
Your 200-Hour yoga teacher training program taught you the fundamentals of being a yoga teacher. You learned asana, cueing, sequencing and how to keep your students safe. Depending on the quality of your course, you may have learned some anatomy, yoga philosophy and a basic understanding of the other 7-limbs of yoga.
In this advanced yoga course, you will experience more in-depth learning and will move from the foundations and practical applications of yoga, to that of a being a Yoga Leader – living your yoga while leading and encouraging others.
You will be introduced to all the major styles of yoga
Guest presenters will share their expertise in Iyengar, Anusara, Kundalini, Ashtanga and Bikram Yoga. They will expand your understanding of the different styles of yoga so that you become a well-rounded teacher with the confidence to draw from a variety of yoga philosophies.
Advanced Anatomy and Physiology
You will engage in advanced study of human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs) as well as energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis).
You will study both the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns).
You will experience the magnificence of the human body through a full-day, high-tech immersion program that utilizes 3-D technology and you will spend a full-day of learning in a very real human cadaver lab.
Techniques, Training and Practice
You will learn a variety of pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques.
The time dedicated to these subjects will be split into two formats:
- Analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques
- Guided practice of the techniques themselves.
You will learn new skills to elevate your teaching for greater impact:
- Communication skills, group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries
- How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations, to the degree possible in a group setting
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting
- Teaching and learning styles
- Qualities of a phenomenal teacher
- Understanding the student learning process
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
You will experience and in-depth study of:
- The history of yoga and yoga philosophies
- Further study traditional texts such as The Yoga Sutras and The Bhagavad Gita
- Yoga lifestyle, such as the precept of non-violence (ahimsa), and the concepts of dharma and karma
- Ethics for yoga teachers, such as those involving teacher – student relationships and community
- Understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service to others through yoga (seva)
- Mindfulness practices and leading various meditations
You will have the opportunity to choose from two different learning tracks:
- 200-Hour graduates who just want to continue their education and deepen their personal yoga practice. You will be paired with an experienced mentor from Track B.
- 200-Hour graduates and experienced yoga teachers who are interested in becoming mentors/trainers to newer practitioners. You will be paired with someone from Track A.
Students from both tracks will attend and study together, but the homework will be different.
Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing and giving feedback, and a group community project that will be presented at the culmination of the program.
Personal Development and Leadership
The potential for yoga to positively impact our lives and our communities is profound. To effectively share the gift of yoga we must practice what we preach.
This program has a heavy emphasis on leadership – specifically Servant Leadership.
Our yoga teacher training programs are structured to empower you to live into your full potential and self-expression so that you may help others around you do the same.
Our aim is to expand yoga beyond the limits of what it is today, and in doing so, improve the quality of life for everyone we encounter.
Do you have more questions?
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Join our next training!